My goodness! It has been a long time since we have sat a spell and chatted. So much has happened since I put my running shoes on that I don’t even know where to start…Hmmmm…perhaps I should just make a brief list…and leave all the details and ins and outs for another day.
- After I posted my last article “I’ve Got My Running Shoes On“–the little family and I kicked the renovation into high gear.
- Lots of work, prayers, and breakdowns later–our house in Trussville, Alabama sold.
- We were “homeless” for a few weeks because our house in Alabama sold before our house in Johnson City was ready–plus, there were several problems with paperwork–is my name really that hard to spell?
- Moved into the new house–almost immediately painted the porch swing that my dad made me many moons ago bright pink.
- Went to Stein Mart bought fun pillows–couldn’t resist the Chin Up Buttercup one because it was what I needed at that exact moment to remind me that God was right there with me–telling me that He had not left me…that I just needed to learn a few life lessons to make me a better, stronger person.
Well, I must be going because I have to decide which color to stain my new fence–decisions, decisions. Stay tuned to the blog and my social media for all the updates, projects, randomness, nonsense, and much more 🙂 Be sure to check out my weekly Sweet Sorghum Living Short Tales at Real Media.
Connect and Like me on Facebook for exclusive photos and updates on my art.
Follow me on Instagram to keep up with all the cuteness of Mattie, my adventures, and much more.
Follow me on Twitter for all the Etsy items I adore, retweets, and giveaways I enter.
Follow me Pinterest to see what inspires me.
Thanks for sitting a spell with me today, and in the famous words of the Rolling Stones–“You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you just might find–you get what you need.” So, chin up my buttercups 🙂